sweetheart paisley

Friday, February 10, 2012

One--My Family

#1--- My family is by far the biggest blessing in my life. 


This is our story...

Adam and I met while at college at Winthrop, I was a freshman and he was a junior.  We were set up on blind date and never looked back.  We were married shortly after I graduated.  Adam was my first love and even though it sounds so cliche he really is my better half.  He keeps me totally grounded and he has taught me how to keep my mouth shut even though I totally feel like sharing my opinion.  Since we got married, he has truly shown me what a Godly, Christian husband looks like. He really holds me up on a pedestal, like he has won a prize by having me in his life.  I know women get a lot of grief about being submissive wives, but I have no trouble with this.  If a husband truly loves his wife like Christ loved the church then he would ultimately put his wife ahead of himself.  Adam has always done this and therefore I can sit back and let Adam be the leader of our family.  He has not only loved me unconditionally, but he has also given me the greatest gift I could ever ask for, our two beautiful kids.

When I was pregnant with Nathan I was scared out of my mind! I knew things would never be the same.  I was sick everyday and was waiting on this little guy to be born so I can get back to feeling normal. Once Nathan was born I didn't return to my old self, in fact I think I turned into a better version of Laura.  I became a loving version of Laura...I became a mommy! 

Gabby was our second surprise and the timing was incredible...we found out I was pregnant two days before we were to receive our first set of kids at Calvary Home for Children.  Not only did I have to adjust to raising someone else's kids but also to being pregnant again and still raising my now six month old son. 

Nathan and Gabby were both suprises but I was told today that they should be called "hidden blessings" because we are raising mutiple sets of foser kids and if we 'planned' our kids we probably would not of had them yet. And who knows with our job when we would say that we had the time or energy to have them. So God thought we needed to have our kids before we took on the task of taking care of someone else's kids.   

No comments:

Post a Comment