sweetheart paisley

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eight

So, I talked to my BFF Kendall the other day and she decided that she was so much of a blessing my life that she deserved a spot in the top ten. Well, I wasn't exactly ordering them by importance but she did get me thinking about our friendship and how it all began...I am thinking by God's divine ordinance!

#8-Kendall Bohman

Her beginnings where actually with, of all people, my mother! My mom was her crazy eighth grade social studies teacher.  It wasn't until 10th grade that Kendall and I had some true BFF moments in  Mrs. Manning's class. I, completely by accident, called her twin boys Hughie, Dewey, and Louie instead of Kevin, Devin, and Trevin...I mean really it was an honest mistake.  Well, of course Kendall had to die laughing and Mrs. Manning thought we were making fun of her children and so she wrote us both up.  Her substitute wasn't any better.  That crazy substitute would write us up as soon as we walked through the door...she wouldn't even give us a chance to redeem ourselves.  For 11th and 12th grade Kendall left the good times of public education for the private sector and we lost touch.

The fun started again in college, where we ran into each other one day on campus and starting laughing about everything else that had happened since high school.  College was filled with ups and downs between friends, sorority and everyone elses drama. But Kendall and I always managed to stay friends through it all.  We were the girls that prayed for each other before class when the other had a test, we would skip class to hang by the lake or watch the entire series of Lost, and we even went hunting for bugs for biology class.  We even were summonsed by the Winthrop police and almost got kicked out of school... but our quick talking ways got us out of that one too.

Kendall has stood by me when I got married and when gave birth. I know I will be the one standing by her on those days too.

Kendall, I want to thank you for being not just my friend but also my therapist, comedian, private chef, and spiritual leader.  Thank you for being my kids' Godmother.  Thank you for being such a great example of true Christian faith. 

Even though you may leave the country to go spread the gospel, I know we will always remain friends because we just can't seem to break up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment